What is the most important in creating a stellar organic garden? –The soil & nutrients!
Just like cooking, organic farming can be made easy if one knows the exact ingredients to put in the soil and how to mix it. At Truly Oreganic our COO Charles Johnson, based the backbone of his soil recipe from “The True Living Organics” by The Rev.
We are happy to share our recipe. Just follow the steps below and let’s go organic !!
- 2 gallons quality organic soil mix
- 2 gallons thoroughly rinsed coir
- 2 gallons perlite
- 2 gallons earthworm castings
- 1.5 cup Down to Earth All Purpose Mix 4-6-2 (the book uses Bloom)
- 1 cup greensand (the book uses 0.5 cups of azomite granular)
- 0.75 cup ground oyster shells
- 0.5 cup dolomite lime (powdered)
- 1.75 cup prilled (pelletized) fast-acting dolomite lime
- 0.25 cup soybean meal (the book uses blood meal)
- 0.25 cup high N bird/bat guano 12-8-2 N-P-K
- 0.5 heaping cup feather meal
- 1 cup un-steamed granular bone meal
- 0.5 cup bulb food
- 0.25 cup powdered soft rock phosphate
- 0.5 heaping cup powdered gypsum
- 0.5 cup kelp meal
- 4 heaping cups composted steer manure
- 1 cup granular humic acid ore
- 1 cup alfalfa meal
- 0.5 cup Diamond KMS
- 1 heaping cup Basmati rice (or spent beer mash)
We suggest you read this book if you have any interest in growing organic cannabis. The more you learn, the more interesting it becomes !